Friday, 26 November 2010

Code Monkey



I like to tinker with code...I may have mentioned this before.

I am not very good at it...I may have mentioned this before, also.

I spent today trying to get a poxy little invite-your-friends widget working on a Facebook Fan page I manage for Dealsguide and it was horrendous!

I learnt the necessary FBML (Facebook Markup Language) to get the job done (literally 3 lines worth of code!) and then put the rest of the page together in HTML. I was finished in an hour. No problems.

It then took three hours to test and repair the code, finally forcing me to realise that the widget itself is buggy. Readying through the bug report from MONTHS ago suggests that there is no fix for this as yet, and Facebook seem to be a bit tardy fixing it.

But I had worked to hard on it, so the widget is still on the page, like commemorative monument to fallen coders.

Anyway, you can check out the page and let me know what you think.

Oh, and if anybody has had any luck recently with the Fb:multi-friend-selector recently, please tell me what I am doing wrong!!!

No comments: